Thursday, December 24, 2009

Amelia's Quiet Book

Thanks to ideas and links from Wendy, I was able to make this Quiet book for Amelia. It only took me a few days and I really only used felt and the glue gun.

Here's the cover, I don't know if you can tell, but those are pictures of Amelia.
Page 1: You can button, tie the bow, and zip the zipper, which is the pocket where you keep the shapes for page 2.
Page 2: Shape matching, one set of shapes is glued down and you match with the other set.


Pages 3 and 4: The Ocean, the bottom left is the pocket


Page 5: Rainbow, clouds, sun, mountains which are the pocket.
Page 6: Barn with animals, I'm not very good at cutting out animals freehand, I need to use a template. The doors on the bottome open too, but the top part is actually the pocket.

Page 7: Letters, Amelia's name (all in pink) and the alphabet in various colors.
Page 8: Flowers and leaves, the pot is the pocket.
We'll see tomorrow if she likes it! Thanks for the help Winnie!









5 comments:

  1. That is so cool! You sisters of mine totally impress me! Hope you guys have a very merry christmas!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it turned out fabulous (except maybe for that poor sheep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to need step by step instuctions so I can make one of these. And a list of the things I need to start. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. scissors, glue gun, and different colors of felt

    ReplyDelete