Friday, June 4, 2010

May 15-16: Rio Mar and Earthquake

Some of Ricky's friends invited us to go to the bioluminescent bay in Fajardo, but it was late at night and I couldn't take the kids. So we decided to go spend the day at a resort and then Ricky went with his friends at night. We went to the Rio Mar beach resort, which was actually where Karli took me on my first trip to PR. It was fun to be back.


They have iguanas ALL over the place.

This is what RE did while we swam.


Amelia literally went on this slide 100 times.


Our little fish.


Ricky teases me about my teeth in this picture. He says he's never seen me that happy.

This one actually swam in the pool, got out, and then climbed a tree.


Ricky left at about 6:00 pm, because you have to go to the bio bay when its dark. He got back around 1:00 am and went to bed. I got up to feed RE and while I was feeding him, everything started shaking. We were on the 6th floor and it was pretty scary. The earthquake was only a 5.8, but it felt really strong. It took me a while to go back to sleep, but I finally did. I kept worrying about a tsunami, but then I realized that's from earthquakes that happen under the ocean, so we were safe.
On Sunday we found a little branch to go to church and headed home. We had a fast, but great mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment